These Wholegrain Seed Crackers are absolutely delicious, nutritious and a great source of healthy fats. They’re super easy to prepare and make for a perfect snack. Trust me when I say that your whole family is going to end up loving them! Either as a side to your soup, topped in hummus or cashew cream, or simply on their own, you should definitely give them a try.
This recipe is 100% hormone friendly and a great source of 3 key nutrients when it comes to menstrual health and fertility:
- Magnesium– helpful in alleviating PMS and menstrual pain
- Zinc– supports the function of the thyroid gland as well as sperm quality and production
- Vitamin E– a strong antioxidant that supports fertility in both men and women
- 3/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 70 ml water
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/340°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients- flour, seeds, baking powder and seasoning.
- Add in the avocado oil and using a spatula mix until the oil gets evenly distributed. You’ll get a crumbly consistency.
- Then add in the water and start kneading until you get a dough that sticks together without falling apart.
- Put the dough into the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a flat surface covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cover the dough with another sheet of paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough thinly.
- Remove the upper sheet of parchment paper and transfer the dough (as it is laying on the bottom sheet of paper) to a baking tray.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into around 20-30 squares or rectangles.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let the crackers cool for 5 minutes and slightly break them apart.